Virtual COM Port Drivers for Ross-Tech USB Interfaces
- Webasto Usb Devices Drivers
- Webasto Usb Devices Driver Updater
- Webasto Usb Devices Driver Windows 7
- Webasto Usb Devices Driver Adapter
- Webasto USB Devices Driver
Older Ross-Tech RS-232 Serial interfaces can be set to power up as 'dumb K-Line pass through' interfaces. This allowed those old Serial interfaces to be compatible with a wide variety of third-party applications which expect a 'K-line pass-through' serial interface. However, our USB interfaces present additional challenges. Early in their development, we found a number of technical advantages to using a 'direct' USB driver which bypasses the Windows Serial drivers entirely. Hence the USB drivers that ship with VCDS do not emulate a serial COM port and cannot be used with applications that expect to communicate via a serial port.
NOTE: The following applies to our legacy USB interfaces (HEX-USB, KII-USB and HEX-USB+CAN). It does NOT apply to our current HEX-V2 or HEX-NET interfaces. These new interfaces do not use a USB UART chip and cannot be be used for 'dumb K-line pass-through'!
These drivers are not needed for newer Garmin devices that use a USB mass storage or Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) interface. These devices (which include the nuvi and zumo series) use drivers that are included with Microsoft Windows. The drivers for Garmin Mode devices are included with the latest versions of Garmin Express and Garmin WebUpdater.
- Identifies USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 devices; Identifies IEEE 1394 devices; Identifies ISA Plug&Play devices; Identifies AGP Bus devices; Identifies PCI, PCI-E, eSATA devices; Find drivers for hardware devices; Contact hardware vendor directly from app; Unknown Device Identifier 9.01 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs.
- Select Tape drivers and software for the Tape systems menu. Select Tape device drivers for the Tape drivers and software menu. Select your operating system for the Platform menu. It is recommended that you install the most current driver available.
In order to facilitate the use of third-party applications which expect to communicate with a serial interface, drivers that emulate a COM port are available. However, anyone thinking about using them needs to be aware of the following points:
Webasto Usb Devices Drivers
We do not offer installation support for these drivers. They should be used only by someone who is competent/comfortable installing (and possible uninstalling) USB drivers on his PC.
We cannot offer any support for third-party software, nor any guarantee that it will work correctly with these drivers. Of course, the same would apply with a serial interface as well.
That said, here some installation notes:
These drivers are compatible with Windows 2000 and newer. They should work with W2K, XP-32, XP-64, Vista-32 and Vista-64. We do not have any VCP drivers for Windows 98!
Unzip the contents of the download into a new folder.
With an interface plugged in, find it in Device Manager, right-click it, and select Update Driver.
Depending on what drivers your system already has installed, you may have to 'force' these by telling the wizard not to search, but to let you specify what driver to install, then doing the Have Disk and Browse thing.
There's also the possibility that the Virtual COM Port won't install automatically. We've found no real pattern why it does on some systems and not on others. If it does not, find the interface in Device > Manager. The name should show '... with VCP'. Open the properties sheet, click the Advanced tab, and make sure Load VCP is checked. Once checked, disconnect and re-connect the interface.
Once the USB Serial Port is installed, you may need to change the COM Port Number (depending on how high a number the applications supports). Device Manager, Properties sheet for the USB Serial Port, Port Settings tab, Advanced button. The COM Port Number may change if you plug the interface into a different USB port, so I'd recommend always using the same USB port.
VCDS should continue to work fine with these drivers installed. Leave VCDS set to USB, not a Virtual COM Port!
Assuming you've read and understand all of the above, you can download the 'Virtual COM Port' drivers here:
Webasto Usb Devices Driver Updater
Virtual COM Port Drivers
The Webasto PC Diagnostic Kit (PNXXXXX) is designed for use by qualified, trained dealer personnel. The information contained in this course will familiarize you with the proper installation procedures, connection process and use of the diagnostic software.
The PC kit is designed as an interface between Webasto heaters and the user's PC or laptop computer through USB or serial port connections. It allows real time and historical data capture and review for proper diagnosis and repair of Webasto heaters.
Webasto designed software and drivers are provided with each PC kit and must be installed prior to connection or use of the interface hardware. The latest software updates may be downloaded for use by dealers through techwebasto.com.
Webasto Usb Devices Driver Windows 7
Webasto Usb Devices Driver Adapter
- On the menu bar click on Tools then Internet Options.
- From Internet Options, select the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level.
- Scroll down to Scripting, make sure Active Scripting is set to Enable.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes when asked, 'Are sure you wish to change the security settings for this zone.'
- Click OK on the Internet Properties window.
- Close all open Internet Explorer windows and then relaunch Internet Explorer.
Webasto USB Devices Driver
- Select Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the Web Features icon.
- Click OK.
- Click Reload.
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Click Security.
- Close the window.
- Click Reload.